Zip Line Canopy Tour Requirements
All adventure activities pose certain natural risks. Our course meets and exceeds the Association of Challenge Course Technology Standards, is a member of ACCT and we have annual inspections completed by a leading inspection company in the canopy tour industry. All of our guides are put through an extensive training to ensure your safety and theirs.
Participants who wish to participate in any of our Zip Tours are required to complete a waiver. Participants under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult and have a parent or legal guardian sign for them. Please arrive 30 minutes early for check-in and the orientation process.
Please read our requirement and be prepared before you schedule your tour. Cancellations will not be issued based upon non-compliance of these guidelines.
Each participant must agree to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Arrive 30 minutes before your scheduled start time, refunds will not be issued for late arrivals
- Wear closed toed shoes, no sandals or flip flops are permitted
- We recommend you wear protective eye wear: i.e. Sunglasses, goggles, etc.
- Be in reasonably good health, have overall average mobility, and moderate strength
- Participants must weigh between 50–270 lbs. Our braking systems are specifically set to handle participant launch and arrival, which is a hands free braking system and is designed to handle the weights designated.
- Children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult
- Everyone zips independently, we do offer side by side zip lines.
- Participants must be able to walk short distances; several of our activities consist of a sky-bridge, ramps, and ground zip platforms
Personal items and clothing:
- Long hair must be securely tied back
- No dangling jewelry
- Dress appropriately for climbing and minimal activity, no loose clothing or garments such as rain ponchos, skirts, short shorts, scarves, etc. as you will be wearing a climbing harness.
- Jewelry, cell phones, wallets and loose items should be locked in your vehicle.
- You must be in moderate to good health and be able to hike short distances and climb stairs
- Pregnant women, people with heart, leg, or back problems, or other serious illnesses will not be allowed to participate in the tour.
- Have any recent or recurring injuries or muscular skeletal disorders
- Anyone found under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs, or impairing legal drugs, will not be allowed to participate in the tour and will be asked to leave the property.
The management and/or guides reserve the right to exclude anyone from participation for medical, safety, or other reasons they deem necessary that involve actions not conducive to a zip line tour.
eXplore Brown County at Valley Branch Retreat reserves the right to refuse business to anyone for any reason due to safety concerns or discrepancies in participant information. We are not responsible for property that is lost, damaged, or stolen during your tour.